Thinking of starting a business in 2021? Ready to take a leap of faith and let go of that 9:00-5:00 job? Then keep reading!
Starting a business, following your gut and doing something you are truly passionate about sounds like the dream job… Especially after the long, uncertain year (or more) we have been going through.
But figuring out where, how, and when to start a business is an overwhelming thought that stops most people from actually pursuing their dreams. So if you are serious about starting your entrepreneurial journey and you are wondering how to start a business in 2021, keep reading for our top 4 tips to get started, step-by step!
Tip 1. Define What Business You Want To Start
Once you have determined you are ready to start a business, it’s time to sit down and really think what you want to do with it. What are you passionate about? Are you doing this on your own? What solution are you offering?
To help you decide what business to start, follow these simple steps:
- Start by making a list of your passions and hobbies
- Think of a few problems, ideas, solutions or alternatives you can find within those hobbies or passions of yours
- Do a quick Google Search to define how popular, relatable or trending your idea is, are a lot of people talking about something similar? Do people seem interested in the topic?
- Define which ideas from step 2 seem more exciting and useful and start working on it
Tip 2. Take Time To Do Some Research
Before you start a business in 2021, it is crucial to understand the industry, space and environment you will be working in! Here are a couple of things you should take some time to research:
- What does my ideal customer look like?
- Who are my main competitors? What are they doing? What can I learn from them?
- Is there a real problem I’m solving?
- How will I solve it? Will I offer a product or a service?
- Do I need to find suppliers? What can I do myself and what should I be outsourcing?
Tip 3. Set SMART Goals And Stick To Them
Once you have identified what business you want to start in 2021, why you want to start it and who you’re going to target. It’s time to get working. Build a rough timeline for you to get things done, you need to keep yourself accountable, so start setting some deadlines for yourself. A few things you might need to set a deadline for, and get done as soon as possible are:
- Define your business plan
- Plan out your finances, will you need to get a loan or maybe some investors? If so, start reaching out to them
- Register your business
- Define the products, materials, resources and people you will need to get started
- Find suppliers (if applicable) and start getting samples from them
- Start building your website
Tip 4. Ask For Help And Get It Done
If you have been wanting to start a business before but never stuck to it, it might be time to reach out and get some professional guidance!
Accountability coaching is a great way to make sure you get things done! You might have a vision but maybe you don’t have a clear plan… At The Coaching Company, you can access our Membership-Based Accountability Coaching that will help you build (and actually follow) a roadmap for success, keep you accountable and finally get you to start a business.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you get when signing up for your Membership at The Coaching Company:
- Multidisciplinary coaches that work to build a tailor-made program just for you and your needs
- A free discovery call to get you started and connect you with the right coach
- Access to your coach, tasks, and roadmap through one single App
- Weekly check-in calls and additional resources to help you stay on track
Starting a business in 2021, is definitely no easy task, but we know you have what it takes to take the leap, and if you’re looking for that extra boost of accountability to start a business feel free to get in touch at 647-351-8671 or fill out our discovery form clicking below!